Title: Club Steward
Salary: approximately $12.50/hour
Contract Term: May 1st – Mid October
How to Apply: By email: email@example.com
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, personable and customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Some physical labour required (roughly 1-2 hr. of court maintenance per shift)
- An interest or background in tennis is an asset.
- First aid certificate is not required but is an asset
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Job Description/Principle Duties:
The Club Steward is the first person a club member meets when they walk into the club.
Their primary task is to provide excellent customer service to members and guests.
- Providing information about memberships, instructional programs and summer camps, special events and club policies
- Booking courts, signing up new members and registering participants for instructional programs
- Responding to all member needs or questions
- Operating the canteen which includes the serving of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and snacks
Stewards also do daily court maintenance which is essential to keeping our six clay courts in superb condition. A Steward will typically spend 20% of their time on court maintenance. In addition, the Steward is responsible for cleaning the clubhouse. This is typically done during slow periods and takes roughly 10% of the Steward’s shift.
If hired, a police check and SmartServe certificate are required before working