Job Purpose: To provide club members with a range of services designed to create a positive member experience when participating in activities and while using the club facilities.
Hours: Full-time or part time between Monday to Sunday between 7 am and 11 pm Rate of Pay Range: Starting at $15/hour
Apply by email: email@example.com
Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Enthusiastic, personable and customer service oriented;
Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
Strong time management and organization skills;
Some physical labour required (roughly 1-2 hr. of court maintenance per shift); An interest or background in tennis is an asset;
Bilingualism will be considered an asset; and
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Job Description/Principle Duties:
The Club Steward is the first person a club member meets when they walk into the club. A steward’s primary task is to provide excellent customer service to members and guests.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing information about memberships, instructional programs, summer camps, special events and club policies;
- Booking courts, signing up new members and registering participants for instructional programs;
- Responding to all member needs or questions;
- Operating the canteen which includes the serving of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and snacks;
- Assisting the Board members in the organization and preparation of social events;
- Advising members, as required, when their booking is finished; resolving issues that arise related to court access or referring them to the Club Manager; and
- Stewards also do daily court maintenance which is essential to keeping our six clay courts in superb condition. A Steward will typically spend 20% of their time on court maintenance tasks.
In addition, the Steward is responsible for keeping the clubhouse clean and tidy. . This is typically done during slow periods and takes roughly 10% of the Steward’s shift and includes cleaning floors, toilets and sinks; ensuring that the patio and deck are tidy; ensuring the storage cabinets are kept tidy and locked; emptying garbage cans, watering plants, ensuring the courts are free of any litter / debris and emptying court garbage bins.
If hired, a police check, first aid certification and SmartServe certificate are required prior to commencing employment.