Elmdale Steward Posting
The Elmdale Tennis Club (ETC) is seeking full-time stewards for the 2024 summer season.
The stewards will work one of two shifts from opening at 7 a.m. to closing after final matches at 11 p.m. The club is usually open from the beginning of May through late October although opening and closing dates are weather dependent. The stewards will work under the direction and supervision of the club’s general manager. An interest in tennis is an asset.
- Offer consistently polite, friendly and considerate service to members and guests.
- Assist with tasks related to club social and tournament events, including round robins.
- Promptly answer incoming telephone calls and return voicemail messages
- Assist members with food, beverage and merchandise orders.
- Share clubhouse cleaning duties by following daily Steward checklist
- Rake, water and roll the courts in accordance with the court maintenance manager’s guidelines. Clean the lines and generally maintain courts in good playing condition at all times. (Some heavy lifting is required).
- Keep terrace and other areas adjacent to courts clean and well ordered.
- Prepare garbage and recycling for collection.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather.
Pay range: $19-$25 per hour.
Successful applicants will need:
SmartServe and First Aid certification.
Vulnerable Sector Check
Please send CV and contact information to email@example.com by February 29. Candidates selected for a short list will be contacted for an interview.
General Manager, Elmdale Tennis Club
The Elmdale Tennis Club (ETC) is seeking a full-time seasonal General Manager with energy, enthusiasm who can help continue the club’s tradition of providing its members with friendly environment and a great tennis and social experience.
The General Manager will work varying hours from April through to November with occasional duties during the off season. They will work with the support of the club’s Board of Directors.
ETC opened in 1937 and has been operating at the corner of Holland and Byron since 1948. Open from May 1 to October 30 (weather dependent), the club has 6 clay courts and a club house. The not-for-profit club provides an active tennis and social scene for approximately 450 members.
The club has an active volunteer force willing to support staff and organize the club’s social events and tennis tournaments.
- Overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of the ETC.
- Scheduling and managing ETC stewards and our bi-weekly pay process.
- Working and supporting the club’s Tennis Pros to ensure a seamless experience for members.
- Interacting and communicating with members and guests
- Resolving member issues and keeping the board informed at all times.
- Ensure and accidents or injuries to players are immediately documented and communicated to the board.
- Managing the ETC website.
- Overseeing or delegating responsibility for the club ladder leagues.
- Managing Court Reserve the club’s court reservation system, event registration and court closure communication channel. Court closures are either weather or maintenance related.
- Working closely with, and supporting, the court maintenance team.
- Keeping the club house, bar and canteen stocked with supplies.
- Keeping basic, ongoing financial records in collaboration with the club treasurer.
- Supporting the club’s social committee’s activities and being present at those activities.
Experience and skills
- Demonstrated experience in service oriented management with excellent people skills, particularly in interactions with younger staff.
- Effective communicator with the ability to calmly handle challenging situations.
- Experience with point of sale system
- Background/interest in sports, especially tennis, an asset.
The successful applicant will need:
- Valid First Aid certification, such as Emergency First Aid CPR A + AED, or equivalent
- Smart Serve certification
- Driver’s licence
- Police record check
Please send a CV and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 18.
The Board will review all applications and create a short list of candidates who will be contacted for a formal in-person interview.