Online registration for memberships and summer camps is planned to go live on February 15th. Just like last year, there will be a cap on memberships sold (400) in order to ensure sufficient playing time for all members.
Title: Club Steward
Salary: approximately $12.50/hour
Contract Term: May 1st – Mid October
How to Apply: By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, personable and customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Some physical labour required (roughly 1-2 hr. of court maintenance per shift)
- An interest or background in tennis is an asset.
- First aid certificate is not required but is an asset
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Job Description/Principle Duties:
The Club Steward is the first person a club member meets when they walk into the club.
Their primary task is to provide excellent customer service to members and guests.
- Providing information about memberships, instructional programs and summer camps, special events and club policies
- Booking courts, signing up new members and registering participants for instructional programs
- Responding to all member needs or questions
- Operating the canteen which includes the serving of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and snacks
Stewards also do daily court maintenance which is essential to keeping our six clay courts in superb condition. A Steward will typically spend 20% of their time on court maintenance. In addition, the Steward is responsible for cleaning the clubhouse. This is typically done during slow periods and takes roughly 10% of the Steward’s shift.
If hired, a police check and SmartServe certificate are required before working
So its that time up year again 🙁 however we have had an awesome season here at Elmdale!
The clubhouse has closed for the season. The courts will remain open for another 2-3 weeks depending on the weather. There are two code locks: one at the front gate and one at the first entrance to the courts. If you are a member and have not received the combo, please email us. If the courts are too soft or wet, please refrain from using them. Also if you could brush the courts after use, it will make the following players hit more enjoyable.
A massive shoutout and thanks to all the people who came out to the Clean up day. We will be ready to hit the ground running starting in spring.
On behalf of the staff and Board of Directors, its been our pleasure to make Elmdale THE best tennis club in the city. Cant wait to see all you awesome people next spring for whats going to be another great tennis season.