Elmdale Steward Posting
The Elmdale Tennis Club (ETC) is seeking full-time stewards for the 2024 summer season.
The stewards will work one of two shifts from opening at 7 a.m. to closing after final matches at 11 p.m. The club is usually open from the beginning of May through late October although opening and closing dates are weather dependent. The stewards will work under the direction and supervision of the club’s general manager. An interest in tennis is an asset.
- Offer consistently polite, friendly and considerate service to members and guests.
- Assist with tasks related to club social and tournament events, including round robins.
- Promptly answer incoming telephone calls and return voicemail messages
- Assist members with food, beverage and merchandise orders.
- Share clubhouse cleaning duties by following daily Steward checklist
- Rake, water and roll the courts in accordance with the court maintenance manager’s guidelines. Clean the lines and generally maintain courts in good playing condition at all times. (Some heavy lifting is required).
- Keep terrace and other areas adjacent to courts clean and well ordered.
- Prepare garbage and recycling for collection.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather.
Pay range: $19-$25 per hour.
Successful applicants will need:
SmartServe and First Aid certification.
Vulnerable Sector Check
Please send CV and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29. Candidates selected for a short list will be contacted for an interview.