At the recent Annual General Meeting, the membership voted to accept a revised Club By-law. The document is available here.
Archive for News
As a result of discussion at the Annual General Meeting, September 2019, the Board of Directors has made revisions to the existing Club By-law to address several issues, including,
- Voting by the Board
- Conflict of Interest
- Creation and Dissolution of Sub-committees
- Use of proxy votes at Annual General and Special Meetings of the Membership
- Electronic posting of Board documentation
We intend to present the draft, located here, at the September Annual General Meeting. We encourage you to read the revised document, and bring along a copy to the meeting. New wording is presented in red text. There are annotations throughout the document to explain why we are introducing changes to wording. If you have any trouble with the Google format, you can download it as a Word file here.
We will address questions on the draft, and will ask the membership to approve it.
Job Purpose: To provide club members with a range of services designed to create a positive member experience when participating in activities and while using the club facilities.
Hours: Full-time or part time between Monday to Sunday between 7 am and 11 pm Rate of Pay Range: Starting at $15/hour
Apply by email: email@example.com
Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Enthusiastic, personable and customer service oriented;
Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
Strong time management and organization skills;
Some physical labour required (roughly 1-2 hr. of court maintenance per shift); An interest or background in tennis is an asset;
Bilingualism will be considered an asset; and
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Job Description/Principle Duties:
The Club Steward is the first person a club member meets when they walk into the club. A steward’s primary task is to provide excellent customer service to members and guests.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing information about memberships, instructional programs, summer camps, special events and club policies;
- Booking courts, signing up new members and registering participants for instructional programs;
- Responding to all member needs or questions;
- Operating the canteen which includes the serving of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and snacks;
- Assisting the Board members in the organization and preparation of social events;
- Advising members, as required, when their booking is finished; resolving issues that arise related to court access or referring them to the Club Manager; and
- Stewards also do daily court maintenance which is essential to keeping our six clay courts in superb condition. A Steward will typically spend 20% of their time on court maintenance tasks.
In addition, the Steward is responsible for keeping the clubhouse clean and tidy. . This is typically done during slow periods and takes roughly 10% of the Steward’s shift and includes cleaning floors, toilets and sinks; ensuring that the patio and deck are tidy; ensuring the storage cabinets are kept tidy and locked; emptying garbage cans, watering plants, ensuring the courts are free of any litter / debris and emptying court garbage bins.
If hired, a police check, first aid certification and SmartServe certificate are required prior to commencing employment.