The draws for the club singles tournaments can be found here: https://ota.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draws.aspx?id=a4d3e7eb-7872-41dd-bc10-a6fcb941cf3d
A schedule for all the matches you can come watch is here: https://ota.tournamentsoftware.com/tournament/A4D3E7EB-7872-41DD-BC10-A6FCB941CF3D/matches
We look forward to a lot of great tennis matches between our club members!
Register for the club singles tournament! Registration closes on Friday. There will be a consolation draw for anyone who loses their first match. https://app.courtreserve.com/Online/Events/Details/7004/M6ZQYCL7004921
The Elmdale Tennis Club (ETC) is seeking seasonal full-time Stewards. The stewards will work varying hours for five-seven months of the year (April through mid-November) with some minimal involvement during the off season. The stewards will work with and under the direction of the club’s manager and volunteer Board.
ETC opened in 1937 and has been operating in its current location at the corner of Holland and Byron since 1948. It is an important part of Ottawa’s Wellington West community to this day, 75 years later. Operating from May 1 to October 30, ETC has 6 har tru clay courts and a club house. The not-for-profit club provides an active tennis and social scene for its approximately 450 members. This position includes morning, weekends, and holidays. Shifts start at 6 am. and end at 11pm
Job responsibilities include:
- Operate tuck shop sales and service
- Assist committees with tasks related to club social and tournament events
- Answers all incoming telephone calls.
- Assists Member and Guests with food, beverage and merchandise orders.
- Sells equipment, apparel and other stock supplied in the Tennis Shop.
- Directs players to sign-up sheets and events and clinics
- Replenish stock and arranges merchandise
- Prepare the tennis courts for play.
- Drag/rake, water the courts and clean the lines
- Daily stocking and checking members into proper courts, ball machine set up, etc.
- Keeps courts tapes, nets, fences, and gates in good condition.
- Keep members and personnel informed as to court conditions.
- Blows and cleans terrace/spectator areas, puts chairs neatly in areas.
- Performs any additional tasks as needed to keep tennis courts and surrounding areas in good order.
- Must be able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Continuous standing, walking, bending, lifting, pulling, pushing, and squatting.
- Frequent use of light machinery and hand-held tools.
- General garbage and recycle duties
- Must be able to lift, pull and/or push 30 pounds.
- Regularly works in warm and humid, or cool and breezy outdoor environments.
SmartServe and First Aid required
Apply by email to email@example.com