The Elmdale Tennis Club opened in 1937 and the courts were located where Fisher Park P.S. now stands. In 1948 the courts moved to their current location for the construction of the school. In 1978 the courts were changed from natural clay courts to the synthetic HarTru clay.
There is a copy of ‘Elmdale Tennis Club – A Short History’ by Matt MacKinnon available at the club to look through. Copies of the book can be purchased from Matt for $15.
In May 2015 there was a history event at the club. Click here to watch a condensed video of the event.